Monday, January 14, 2013

Naughty/Nice Scarf



This is the first thing I ever knitted. I actually taught myself how to knit just so I could make this scarf. I got this wonderfull pattern from the book Son of Stitch 'n Bitch, which I received for a gift from a ex-boyfriend when we had first started dating. This scarf took me over a year to make because I'm excessively slow at knitting and there was a few months that I hadn't even worked on it. I love showing this scarf off and I'm really proud to say "Hey! Look at the first thing I ever knitted!" and everyone's like "Wow, that looks really hard, it must have taken a long time," and I'm like "It's not that hard," and then people look at my like I'm a cocky asshole. Ha! But really it's not, it just uses purl and knit stitches in alternating rows to make the picture appear from a certain angle.
I really love how it just looks like a stripped scarf and no one knows that really, I have a pole dancer one my scarf. Oh! I also love how its about 8ft-ish long and almost hangs to my feet when I wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment