Friday, December 28, 2012

Day 1 of the Zelda Blanket

I've totally given up hope on the granny squares. Out of all the amazing things I've accomplished, knitting and crocheting wise, I can't make a granny square. Something about it just doesn't look right, and they never turn out very square like. So I have decided to make my squares using a technique I learned from my great-aunt that she uses for potholders. This way, I will be getting my squares in an easier fashion for me and also they will have a double thickness to them, which allows me to have a warmer blanket without adding extra steps.

So here's the count of all the squares I have to make:
147 Black
13 Pink
21 White
9 Orange
6 Dark Blue
23 Light Blue
14 Brown
28 Light Tan
7 Red
21 Lime Green 
6 Light Lime Green
8 Yellow
14 Skin color
22 Blue Green
7 Light Blue Green
5 Dark Orange
That's a total of 351, if I did my math right, and that's just for Link, not the rest of the blanket.

And so far I have 3 1/2 squares done, I have my work cut out for me, I just need the find the time and motivation to get this all done. Hopefully the excitement of making something of pure Epicness will keep me going.

No comments:

Post a Comment